Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Important Things

I am trying to remind myself of the important things in life.  It is easy for me to get down on life these days.   Transitions in life are not simple, and I think I may be worse at change than the average person.   When we made the decision to move, we knew that it was a process that might take some time.  We knew that there were some things that were out of our control.  Still, those things that are beyond our control can sometimes keep us awake at night, haunt our thoughts during the day, and wear us down so that we have little to no patience to deal with the day-to-day stresses that are to be expected.  So, I thought I would make a list of my blessings.

In no particular order:


1. My kids - They are healthy, happy, and full of energy

2. My husband - Thank God I found someone that can put up with my craziness
3. My job - I truly do wake up everyday excited to go to work.  
4. My parents - They have kept me from living "in a van down by the river"
5. My sisters - They keep me grounded and give me things to look forward to (i.e. wedding, baby, and visits from my niece and nephews.)
6. My in-laws - Luckily I have always felt like part of the family and not just a visitor.
7. My husband's job - Finding a job these days is not an easy task, so we feel blessed to have him with us and working in his field.
8.  Health - Everyone has avoided the really awful flu thus far!  (knockin on wood as I type that one!!)

9.  My Friends - Here and there.  I know I have people I can call just to complain, celebrate, or gossip. 
10. Holidays around the corner - Nothing better than pumpkin pie, turkey, stuffing, and cookies to make you feel better!!
11.  Black Friday Shopping  - Enough said. 

 Hmmm..... That felt good.  

0 comments: