Monday, November 9, 2009

Someday, Tomorrow, Eventually....

I have always been a procrastinator. SOMEDAY I hope to change this habit and be ahead of schedule.  Something tells me that (if my mom has her way) I am in for a few late night projects with my own children after they reveal that it is due TOMORROW!  I think I have always been one that works well under pressure and I need the clock ticking to make me focus. EVENTUALLY, I find ways to get it all done.   As a teacher I have tried to teach my students to "do as I say and not as I do," because procrastination is not a habit I am proud of.   Still, at this time in my life, I feel that this procrastination gene has been a bit helpful. We have put a few things on hold until TOMORROW.   We are putting off decisions and putting off large purchases.   We are in a holding pattern. SOMEDAY, when we move into our next house, we will put a swingset up on our backyard.  TOMORROW, we hope to get a call from our realtor asking us to accept a bid on our house.   EVENTUALLY, we will be able to unpack the boxes that sit in our basement ready to be moved. 


Still, I find joy in TODAY.   I must.   Because SOMEDAY my girls will be teenagers, then young ladies, and then women. And TOMORROW is one step closer to that reality.  EVENTUALLY, I will look back at the years that have flown by and wonder why I wished for TOMORROW.  So... I hold them tight and live in the moments of TODAY.        

0 comments: