Sunday, January 18, 2009

Who's in Charge?


We do time outs.
We reason. We take toys away. We take the nightly video away. We ignore. We read books. And, yes, we sometimes yell. We even sometimes spank! Still, when bedtime comes, the battle is on.
Tonight, after bedtime, little Miss Morgan decided that she would greet me in the loft. She was completely naked and her eyes were full of that look I have seen at least once a day for the past few weeks. You know, that look that says - I know I am driving you crazy, but I love every minute of it!! Did I mention this was her third time out of bed. When I questioned why she was gracing me with her nakedness, she informed me that she had to go potty. She had just done her business 2 minutes prior, so I was willing to call her bluff. Then, enters Brooke who informs me she will "take care of it!" I look over at Brooke (who, by the way, is supposed to be sleeping too) and I see a bit of myself in her. She had an annoyed look on her face and she is trying to look like she has it all under control. I think I still make that face at 31. With all the commotion, Phil makes his way upstairs to offer some assistance. Morgan finally decides she needs a drink. We gladly fetch her a drink. The picture above is the face she made as she finished the cup of water. So, take a guess at who's in charge in our house!


2 comments:

  1. What fun it will be to keep up with Brooke and Morgan via your new blog! With their little personalities I imagine you'll have plenty of funny stories to share here :)
    Both girls are precious, Gina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing! The girls are adorable.

    ReplyDelete